Illegal Hunting Cost Pair of Louisiana Hunters “Deerly”
$38,776 is a lot of dough. That could have gotten this pair of hunters enough ammo to shoot at least 50,000 deer. Instead, that was the amount they were ordered to pay by a judge for illegally taking deer in February 2016.
The two men were cited by Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) agents. According to this press release, they were cited for:
- taking deer during a closed season and illegal hours
- hunting from a moving vehicle
- possession of illegally taken deer
- taking deer from a public road
- intentional concealment of illegally taken wildlife
- failing to comply with deer tagging requirements
- discharging a firearm from a public road
- other violations
If you want to spend 40k hunting, please stop by our store. We will be happy to set you up with all the camo and ammo you will ever need. And if you need them, check out the 2016 – 2017 Louisiana Hunting Regulations.